Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Mom's in the Water


Artie perked up quite a bit when I was fishing. The tide was so low, that I walked out about 250 yards from the beach into the water, and it was still only hip high. Thousands of minnows swarmed all around me. Right smack in front of me was a school of mullet, or Lisa, as the Mexicans call them. About a foot long, but they are plankton eaters, so the only way to catch them would be with a net...not good to eat anyway, so there would be no point. I didn't catch a fish that day because the tide was wrong. Advice from Mike? Fish an hour before high tide until an hour after high tide. That's the best. Right now high tide is in the middle of the night, but I had a super fun time anyway....Mike sat on the beach, read and played with Artie.

1 comment:

  1. I love this pitcher...Tell Mike, I have a really really good idea that involves Artie. I will talk to him about it when he comes back to Sequim...

    I dont know why one would not get up at 4:00 in the morning to fish during the window of high tide. As for me...If I were at the Sea of Cortez...I wouldn't go to bed at all!

    Mark and Nora

    PS I dont know if any of my remarks are even getting though. What am I supposed to select in the "Select Profile" window?

    ReplyDelete