Thursday, December 18, 2008

Mulege Halloween 08

Just a sample of the sweet little children who came by the droves to our riverside gate on Halloween. Most of the groups were families of six or eight. They sang a little song, something like, "tricky treat, tricky treat, give me something good to eat," over and over for several hours! Some of the families walked to the end of the river road, then asked for candy all over again on the way back. Took me a little time to realize what was happening, until I recognized one grandmother...actually for the third time! Mike's back was ouchy, so he sat on the deck and watched for tricker treaters. Then he would yell out, "Rozie! Get to the gate!" Artie would bark fiercely at everyone. At first I carried out a basket of candy bars and held it at my hip level. I actually had some kids look in the basket and ask to exchange their treats for something else. After that I kept it tight to my shoulder.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment