Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Snook on the River











Over the last couple of days Mike and I have been avidly fishing the Mulege River practically right in town. Yesterday I caught my first snook. Actually, two of them. Mike held up my second one for a photo. Only a couple of pounds, but it is very cool to know they are back in the river....about fifty years ago a dam had broken, causing the river to completely silt in....Mike has caught a couple of them, too, as well as our pals on the other side of the river, right next to their house. They have seen 30-40 pounders recently, whereas years ago they were up to 50 pounds. Very exciting stuff. We also caught a few pargos. The one I caught this morning was over eight pounds, much bigger than the ones shown here. I gave it to a local. He was absolutely thrilled. Probably feed his whole family tonight. The Mexican children usually hang around to watch, and love to have their photos taken.

No comments:

Post a Comment