Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Kyoto Tea House
















Sarah, Roslyn and I went to a tea house in Kyoto, then on to the temple. Teacups and saucers line the wall behind the counter, and you can choose which one you want your tea or coffee served in. I fell in love with a seagreen teacup. The inside of the cup and the matching saucer had been hand-painted with a lovely bit of scenery. A copy of this set, along with one in red were available for $186 each. Ouch! I kind of still wish I had bought them, but was a bit taken back by the price, and the possibility of breakage en route home. Then we went to another amazing temple area. I took a shot of the ceiling inside one of the buildings. The entire ceiling was painted with a dragon. It was enormous. Ourside there were a few women weeding the moss. I mean, they were removing all traces of grass and leaving the moss. Quite the opposite of our behavior here in the States.

No comments:

Post a Comment